Sentosa Underwater World:
Videos & Tips for Visitors
"Underwater World Tip:
The bus from Underwater World to Dolphin Lagoon can be very
crowded just before the dolphin show. Get there earlier!"
Sharks Overhead @ Sentosa Underwater World
They look sinister. They swim above you. And they stare down at you. See the sharks overhead at Sentosa Underwater World.
Or put on scuba gear, get into the tank and feed them.
The presentation is fascinating. And the creatures are graceful.
See these jellyfish 'change colour' as they glide through the water.
They look ghost-like at first but after a while they are very soothing to look at.
Grass or Sea Dragons?
From afar, they look like drifting sea weeds. But they are really the Leafy Sea Dragon (left) and the Weedy Sea Dragon (right).
"Which one would you rather be?" I overheard one lady asking another.
- Address: 80 Siloso Road, Sentosa, Singapore 098969. Tel: +65 62750036.
- By taxi. All taxi drivers know where Sentosa Underwater World is. You'll also need to pay the vehicle entrance fee of S$2.
- By Sentosa Express (monorail) + Sentosa Bus (blue line). Take the Sentosa Express from Vivo City Shopping Centre (Level 3) to Beach Station. Transfer to Sentosa Blue Line Bus. Alight after 2 stops.
- Adult: S$22.90
- Child (age 3-12): S$14.60
Admission fee includes the 'Meet the Dolphins' session at Dolphin Lagoon.
Meet the Dolphins Sessions:
- Daily at 11am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm, 5.30pm.
- The 11am session on weekdays is a training session with commentary. The rest are performances by the Pink Dolphins.
- Take the Sentosa Bus (Red line) from Sentosa Underwater World to Dolphin Lagoon.
Tips for Visitors
- Half an hour before each Dolphin Session, you may find visitors at Underwater World scrambling for the bus to Dolphin Lagoon. To beat the crowd, plan to leave earlier or do your tour in reverse, i.e. 'Meet the Dolphins' first, then take the Red Line bus to Sentosa Underwater World.
Do note the time for 'Meet the Dolphins' sessions: 11am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm, 5.30pm. Be there about 15 minutes before show time to get good seats.
- Sentosa Underwater World also has regular feeding times for its various tanks. So be on the lookout - use the brochure handed out at the counter. There's also a Touch Tank near the entrance where you may run your hands over friendly marine creatures.
- There's a Turtle Tank which many people miss because it's just at the entrance. See this first and then descend some steps to see the turtles from behind a glass window.
- Sentosa Underwater World has 'get wet' programmes for children and adults. You have to opportunity to dive with the sharks. You do need to call them and book ahead - +65 62750036.
Related to Sentosa Underwater World
Singapore Tour Plan: A Day of Fun on Sentosa Island - Kids will love this one!
Look at the blooms at the Sentosa Flowers Festival during Chinese New Year.
Other Singapore Tour Videos: Kampong Glam, Johor Tour, Christmas, Thaipusam