Sentosa Flowers Festival 2012
- A Nice Distraction During Chinese New Year
What: Sentosa Flowers Festival
When: 22-29 Jan 2012, 10am-10pm
The Sentosa Flowers festival is ON in 2012 as a free event for Chinese New Year on Sentosa Island. Photo opportunities abound at several areas in Sentosa, including the newly opened Sentosa Boardwalk. So here's an incentive to make your way there...
Getting There: Take the MRT to Harbourfront Station; then the Sentosa Express train from Vivo City Level 3 to Imbiah Station. Island admission charges apply but the light-exhibits are free.
The Photo Tour
|The Flower Festival has been running yearly for 4 years now. It co-incides with the Chinese New Year Celebrations.|
A loving young couple takes a shot of themselves against the blooms.
You now know where to get flowers for Valentine's Day ;).
Isn't this a lovely sight?
An elderly couple holding hands and having their picture taken.
|There are several 'rats' at the Sentosa Flowers Festival this year. This one is probably the biggest.|
|Some hardy temperate flowers that withstood the Singapore heat...|
|A single-standing bloom, glowing in the mid-day sun.|
|And the smaller flowers.|
- Try to visit Sentosa Flowers on the first or second day, when the flowers are still vibrant. Many of the temperate flowers wilt under the tropical sun. You do see some rather sad-looking flowers after the fifth day.
- There is another way to beat this problem. I won't say it explicitly, but I'll pose you this question: If the organisers declare the flower festival open on (say) 3 Feb, on which day do you think they get the flowers in place? Hmm... just don't quote me if you do turn up on the day before the official opening.
- If you are driving, try not to head for the Imbiah car park. It is small and fills up very quickly. Your best bet is the Beach Station car park, which is much bigger.
- The best photos are taken either early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The mid-day sun is too harsh.