Equinox Restaurant - Enjoy the Singapore City Skyline from 226m Up
"Equinox Restaurant Singapore...
It takes you higher than the Singapore Flyer!"
Do you visit the Equinox Restaurant for the food or for the views? It doesn't matter, really. This is a must-see Singapore restaurant...
"The Equinox Restaurant boasts atmospheric teak-wood columns.
Chinese trellises and lanterns hang from the ceiling.
And an impressive mother-of-pearl wall-piece spreads from floor to ceiling."
So writes one well-known restaurant magazine.
The interior is indeed nice. But if you came to the Equinox just to see its decor, you must be out of your mind.
At 226m above ground, the Equinox is literally the Singapore restaurant above all others. The windows and seating are cleverly designed to give diners the best views over the Singapore skyline. On a fine day, you may even see parts of Indonesia and Malaysia. You'll be forgiven if you come just for these vistas.
Please don't get me wrong. Nobody has ever complained about the food here. But sit at any of the restaurant's tables, look through the glass panels and you'll know what I mean.
Equinox Restaurant Offerings
Level 70 Swissotel The Stamford Hotel
(Entrance is through Swissotel Stamford Hotel Lobby, towards the left of Hotel Reception.)
2 Stamford Road
Tel & Reservations: +65 6837 3322
Lunch Buffet (includes a main course + semi-buffet)
Monday to Saturday - 12:00 noon to 2:30 pm
High Tea Buffet:
Daily 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Note: Book a few days ahead as the Equinox High Tea is very popular.
Dinner (ala carte):
Daily 6:30 pm to 11:00 pm
Sunday Brunch (Buffet with Champagne):
11:00 am to 2:30 pm
1. Dress code of 'Smart Casual' applies. No age limit.
2. Prices are subject to 10% service charge and GST.
Other Equinox Dining and Drinking Options
In the same complex as the Equinox Restaurant are: Jaan (a French restaurant), the New Asia Bar (hip contemporary music) and City Space (soothing tunes).
Enjoy the seasonal French cuisine at Jaan. And when you are at it, marvel at the Murano crystal decor and ocean views.
|After dinner, follow up with a cocktail or martini at the New Asia Bar, as the in-house DJs roll out the latest music.|
If you prefer something mellower, head for the City Space.
This is yet another spot to watch the sunset, but over a less spectacular spot of the city.
The Equinox Complex also has 4 private dining rooms which can collectively accommodate up to 400 guests.
Tips for Travellers
- The lunches and high teas at Equinox are good eating options. But they are also a nice refuge from the afternoon heat in Singapore. Fill up here. Then go for a leisurely evening walk by the Singapore River.
- The High Tea Buffet (about S$45 incl. of taxes) is the most economical option. It is excellent value. The spread is not the widest in Singapore, but the quality is good and you get the breathtaking views.
- Just compare the Equinox High Tea with the Singapore Flyer, which offers similar views of the Singapore skyline. The cheapest ride costs S$29.90 per adult, lasts only 30 minutes, comes with no food, and offers only limited seating.
- For dinner, be prepared to pay upwards of S$40 for each main dish. Drinks and appetisers are separate costs.
- When making reservations, request for the tables nearest the windows (see picture above). Then plan to arrive early.
- You must be very lucky to get a seat here during the Nights of Fireworks(namely selected River Hong Bao nights, National Day & rehearsals, and other fireworks nights). It'll be an experience you'll talk about for some time.
- The restaurant sits atop Swissotel The Stamford, the world's tallest hotel when it opened in 1986. The hotel's Classic Harbour View Rooms are rooms just below the Equinox Restaurant. The rooms offer similar, spectacular views. But you need to book early for popular dates like New Year's Eve.
Compare prices for Swissotel the Stamford:
- If you are staying at Swissotel The Stamford, the Fairmont Hotel, or the Raffles Hotel Singapore, you may charge the meals to your room bill.
Photo Credit: Photos courtesy of Swissotel Hotels and Resorts' Leonardo Image Library.