Chinese New Year in Singapore 2010:
Where, When, How
Are you celebrating the 2010 Chinese New Year in Singapore?
Planning to celebrate Chinese New Year in Singapore 2010?
Here are some quick tips to get you going...
Here's what happened in Singapore during Chinese New Year 2009...
Highlights of Chinese New Year in Singapore 2009
At Marina Bay:
On Sentosa Island:
Chinese New Year Celebrations in Chinatown
- Chinese New Year Street Light Up
- 3 Jan 09 - 15 February 09
- Opening ceremony
- 3 Jan 09 from 6pm to 9pm
- On Eu Tong Sen Street near Chinatown MRT Station
- Lanterns, lights and festive decorations nightly from 7pm
- Eu Tong Sen Street, New Bridge Road, South Bridge Road
- Chinese New Year Stage Performances
- 3-25 Jan 09, 8pm-10.30pm
- Kreta Ayer Square, near Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
- Local and overseas Chinese performing troupes
- Shopping for Chinese New Year in Singapore 2009
- Day and night markets with 588 stalls
- 3-25 Jan 09, from 11am daily
- Streets around Chinatown MRT Station, People's Park Complex
- Countdown to Chinese New Year in Singapore 2009
- 25 Jan 09, 9.30pm-12.30pm
- Eu Tong Sen Street and New Bridge Road
- Songs and dances by local celebrities
- Firecrackers and Fireworks at midnight!
Chinese New Year Celebrations at Marina Bay
- River Hong Bao 2009
- At Marina Bay Floating Platform (Nearest MRT: City Hall)
- 24 Jan 09 - 1 Feb 09
- Opening ceremony on the night of 24 Jan 09
- 6pm - 11pm daily; except 25 Jan 09 (6pm - 12.30am)
- Chinese cultural performances, food stalls, and lanterns
- Firecrackers & Pyrotechnics Show at 8pm nightly
(except 11.59pm on 25 Jan 09, Chinese New Year's Eve)
- Schedule of nightly performanes, 8-10pm
- 24, 25 Jan 09 - Hubei Art College & Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe
- 26 Jan 09 - Performances by new Singapore citizens
- 27 Jan 09 - Beijing opera - 'Journey to the West'
- 28 Jan 09 - Performances by youth groups
- 29 Jan 09 - Best Singapore Youth Festival groups
- 30,31 Jan 09 - Local and foreign artistes
- Taiwanese celebrity 'Wa Wa' Jin Zhi Juan
- Singapore Project Superstars winners Kelvin Tan, Kelly Poon
- 1 Feb 09 - Wa Wa, Hubei Art College & Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe
- Past River Hong Bao celebrations & Fireworks
- Chingay Parade 2009
- Singapore's Biggest Street Parade
- 30 & 31 Jan 09
- Fireworks on 31 Jan 09 about 9pm-9.30pm
- More information about Chingay 2010
- Hua Yi - The Chinese Festival of Arts
- Chinese cultural performances at the Esplanade Theatres
- Free and ticketed events
- 30 Jan 09 - 8 Feb 09
Related to Chinese New Year in Singapore
Good hotels for Chinese New Year
Treat yourself to a luxurious Marina Bay Hotel!
Cheap hotels for Chinese New Year
3 decent hotels to consider if you are on a budget.
Naumi Hotel Singapore
Near to the River Hong Bao Carnival and Chingay Parade.